Aquatic Life RO Buddie Review
The Aquatic Life RO Buddie comes in two capacities – 50 Gallons Per Day (GPD) and 100 GPD. It is a compact system that can fit in easily in a small place. It provides aquarium-quality purified water.
It has three-stage filtration process with RO, Carbon, and sediment cartridges to purify tap water. It can efficiently remove many contaminants such as total dissolved solids (TDS), metal ions, and chlorine.
Aquatic Life is a well-known manufacturer of aquarium products. They offer educational material and excellent customer support. They have chosen Reverse Osmosis technology which is a leading technology for filtering water.
Aquatic Life RO Buddie Review is designed to meet the needs of the consumers. After hours of research, testing and analyzing the features, we put Aquatic Life RO Buddie Review is a one of the best in our Reverse osmosis system List.
Here are some of the excellent features of the filtration system.
- The filtration system has three types of filter cartridges to purify the tap water.
- The sediment cartridge is self-contained and removes the larger impurities that can potentially clog the RO system.
- The Thin-Film Composite (TFC) membrane is the heart of reverse osmosis. It is a semi-permeable membrane located in the center canister to remove particulate contaminants from the water.
Substances such as chlorine are used by the authorities to treat the water before they reach the taps at home. Although the tap water looks almost clear, tasteless, and odorless, it is a fact that it needs to be purified before it is fed to the aquatic life. The Carbon filter is also self-contained and removes the bad taste and odor by eliminating dissolved solids and chemicals such as chlorine.
Easy to Install
The RO filtration system is compact and can be placed in limited space. It can be placed close to the aquarium at the house to provide purified water. The mounting brackets are provided to hold the unit together securely.
The faucet has an adapter that helps to connect to the standard male garden hose thread (GHT). TFC membrane cartridges of size 11 3/4th inch can be placed in the membrane housing.The incoming water, purified water in the filter, and the waste water can all be connected by a tube which is ¼ inch in size and is included in the package.
Replacement of the filter cartridges is also easy. A wrench is included in the Aquatic Life RO Buddie set that helps to remove the RO membrane’s housing cap. The carbon and sediment cartridges are right in the front making it convenient to replace. Since there are adequate arrangements to replace the cartridges, one can quickly finish the job.
The customer support is always ready to help installation process. Youtube video explaining the installation process is another quick guide to help consumers.
Easy Addition of the Fourth stage
Conductivity of water is an important factor for an aquarium. The purified water is expected to have a value of about 0.1µS to be called a good conductor for aquatic use. Ions increase conductivity in water.
The three-stage water filtration system can be easily converted into a four-stage aquatic filter by adding De-ionization Color Changing Mixed Bed Resin Cartridge that canproduce anions and cations in the form of OH- and H+ ions.
The DI cartridge is available with the same manufacturer and can be purchased in combination with the RO Buddie filtration system. Each of these cartridges has two clips that help the cartridge to stay attached to the membrane housing at the front.
The DI cartridges are replaceable and change their color from green to blue indicating the exhaustion point of the media. This helps the consumers to identify when the resins have to be replaced.
Favorable Specifications of Water Supplied to Homes
The Aquatic Life RO Buddie has been designed carefully to work under favorable conditions of water supply. Many a times, the filtration systems need specific temperature and pressure that may end up with the addition of pumps or other such apparatus to have specific input conditions.
The RO Buddie works efficiently at 60 PSI to 100 PSI pressure, 77 F to 105 F temperatures and produces a high rejection rate. These conditions are a wide range and are typically available in regular water supplied from tap avoiding any additional requirements of fittings.
The size of the RO Buddie measures 7.25 inch wide, 4 inch deep, and 13.75 inches in height weighing 3.10 lbs. This lightweight and small-sized RO filtration system is adjustable to a compact space.
Some Useful Tips to Maintain the RO Buddie
- The temperature of the water supplied to the RO Buddie should be within the specified range failing which the filtration system is subject to quick degradation.
- The connections (especially the elbows) should not be over-tightened to avoid leakage.
- Carbon dust can be easily removed from the carbon filter by running the water. Do not forget to remove the membrane before cleaning. Also, do not let the membrane to dry or freeze when it is used for the first time.
- If the reverse osmosis filter is idle for more than 10 to 15 days, it is suggested to use a protective fluid so the bacteria growth and deposition of impurities is avoided.
A Quick Recap of the Excellent Features
A compact unit that can be easily placed under cabinets or any other limited area
The dimensions of the RO Buddie are favorable to be placed in a small area.
Easy and convenient replacement facility
Two out of three filter cartridges are placed up-front, and the quick connections are easy to remove as well. A wrench included in the set is helpful to remove the RO membrane.
Water that Suits Aquatic Life Perfectly
The purity of the tap water is good to be supplied to an aquarium.
A Fourth Stage that can add Minerals
A DI/RO unit manufactured by the same company can be attached to enhance the conductivity of the water helping the aquatic life. It also helps to protect the RO membrane.
- Cost-effective aquarium quality purification
- Compact and efficient system design
- Easy installation and replacement
- Three-stage water purification
- An easy option to add the fourth stage that adds ions making the water more favorable with improved conductivity
- There may be some leakage issues if the system is not fit properly.
- The purified water cannot be used for drinking or cooking purposes.
It is one of the best choices available in the market for aquarists. It is a cost effective and efficient water purification system.Check Price On Amazon